Smoked breast of duck with cooked apple
1. Bring the apple juice to the boil and reduce to 50 ml.
2. Wash the apples and cut into quarters. Cut out the cores and cut the quarters in rings. Heat the butter in a frying pan and brown the pieces of apple all over. Season with the sugar, cinnamon and lemon juice. Remove from the pan and allow to cool. Then add the reduced apple juice and the honey to the apple rings.
3. Cut the duck breast into slices about 2 mm thick.
4. Clean the lamb’s lettuce, wash it and spin it dry.
5. Roughly chop the hazelnuts and cook them in a frying pan without oil or fat until the aroma becomes apparent.
6. Peel the shallots, dice finely and mix with the balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper. Gradually beat in the olive oil. Mix the lettuce and the nuts with the vinaigrette and arrange on plates with the cooked apple rings and the slices of duck breast.