Mascarpone cream cake
1. Line a 26-cm cake ring with baking paper and grease. Preheat oven to 175°C.
2. Whisk the eggs and sugar. Mix the flour, cornflour, baking powder and cocoa and fold into the egg mixture. Pour the dough into the baking tin and bake in the lower third for about 25-30 minutes. Remove and leave to cool on a cooling rack. Then take the cake out of the tin and cut into 3 layers.
3. Soak the gelatine in cold water. Stir the mascarpone, vanilla sugar and sugar together. Squeeze the gelatine and dissolve in a pot with 5 tablespoons of single cream. Whip the rest of the single cream until stiff.
4. Stir the dissolved gelatine into the mascarpone mixture and fold in the whipped cream.
5. Put half of the mascarpone cream onto the lower layer and spread evenly. Add the second layer and spread the other half of the cream. Finish with the last layer. Leave the cake to cool for about 2 hours.
6. Sprinkle the cake with icing sugar and garnish with the fresh berries.