Mousse au chocolat with citrus fruits
Serves 4 - 6
Preparation time: 35 min. + 3 hours cooling time
1. Chop the chocolate and melt in a bowl over a warm bain-marie while stirring frequently. Make sure that the bain-marie does not get too hot, the temperature should be approx. 50 °C.
2. In the meantime, beat the cream until stiff using the whisk attachment on an electric hand mixer. The cream should not be whipped for too long, but should have a creamy consistency. Cool the whipped cream.
3. Beat the eggs using the whisk attachment on an electric hand mixer over a hot but not boiling bain-marie for about 5 minutes until the eggs thicken slightly.
4. Add the liquid chocolate to the eggs using a whisk, fold in the cream and pour orange liqueur to taste. Pour the mousse into a bowl or a closable container, cover and chill for at least 3 hours.
5. Peel the oranges and grapefruit, but cut the peel off with a knife in such a way that the light skins are also removed. Cut the fruit into slices of about 0.5 mm. Chop the pistachio kernels.
6. Serve with slices of citrus fruit on plates. Dip a tablespoon briefly in hot water, rub dry and take out a scoop of chocolate mousse. Place a scoop onto each slice of fruit, dust with pistachios and cocoa powder as desired and serve immediately.